thinning tamiya acrylics for tint

I want to tinit some windows on a car model, and wanted to try using the
Tamiya X-19 Smoke Acrylic paint. What's the best thinner to use for this?
Thanks
Reply to
yomizark
Try Future floor polish.
Reply to
T. Forward
thanks for the reply - I forgot to mention I'd be airbrushing it - still go with the future or is that a big mess for the airbrush?
Thanks again
Reply to
yomizark
Future will airbrush fine. I've sprayed it as a clearcoat through my brush, no problems. Hope this helps.
TF
Reply to
T. Forward
Well, the best thinner is always the manufacturer's own but I have great success using automobile windshield washer fluid with most acrylics.
Reply to
Al Superczynski
I get the best results by using Tamiya's thinner with their paints. Alcohol or windscreen wash works OK, but I get a *better* result with their stuff.
Cheers,
Tim
Reply to
Tim Campbell