USS Reeves DE-156 /APD-52 Color Scheme

In August-October of 1945 the USS Reeves was assigned to picking up former US POW for repatriation to the US. One of these was my father. Because of this I would like to build a model of the Reeves as it appeared at that time. But, I am having a hard time getting correct information on which measure it had at the time. I have a picture of it as it left the navy yard after conversion from DE to APD that looks like what is referred to as the "Jungle Camouflage" (measure 31 with green?). But, I also have a reference that says that most of the APDs had been repainted to measure 22 by the end of the war. Does anyone know which measure is correct for the period just after the end of the war while it was picking up ex POWs?

Thanks

Howard

Reply to
Howard

This photo,

dated "early 1944" shows the ship in measure 22 liverly.

It seems unlikely that it would have reverted to measure 31 later than that.

Measure 22 seems likely the best bet for the immediate post-war period.

Cheers,

Reply to
Bill Shatzer

Thanks but, this is showing it ad DE 156 before it was converted to an APD. This photo,

Shows it in early 1945 just after the conversion and is not measure 22. It probably stayed this way but, I am not sure.

Howard

Bill Shatzer wrote:

Reply to
Howard