Very OT: Anyone buy a new motorcycle or scooter in US?

I'm thinking of getting a scooter to drive to the train for commuting. Probably not the best for the SUV to drive it 1.3 miles to the train. I doubt the engine even gets close to warm....

anyways, in regards to pricing, are they firm in the cycle industry or is negotiating an option, like when you buy a car. The Honda Metropolitan scooters go for $1899 which does not seem all that bad.

thx - Craig

Reply to
crw59

Why bother with a scooter? 1.3 miles is a leisurely 10 minutes by bicycle. An old beater bike can be had for less than $100. And you don't have to worry about it being stolen.

As an alternative, an old Honda 90 or XL100 could be had for nearly nothing. You'd probably need a MC endorsement on your DL, but those are pretty easy to get.

If it were me, I'd just ride an old beater cruiser bicycle back and forth.

E.P.

Reply to
gcmschemist

That's a 20 minutes walk...

Reply to
Serge D. Grun
20 minutes is a bit much since I leave the house around 5:30am. The knees aren't what they used to be! I'd never make the train.

Craig

Reply to
crw59

8 second ride on my hotrod sr.

buy a nice used bike you can also ride for fun. i have a real pretty sr here.......cheaper than a tiddlyfuck scooter.