WARNING: Waaaay OT Sorry, Everybody?

So there is only 1 Brit with balls left?

What about the soldiers currently serving in Iraq? Do they not have 'balls'? Or are they doing a lesser job somehow to others over there?

You are, at the very least, doing them a disservice.

As for the memory of the British soldiers who have already lost their lives in the conflict, your comment is disgraceful!

Reply to
Anthony

"Anthony" wrote in news:cn113k$9ol$ snipped-for-privacy@news6.svr.pol.co.uk:

It was not meant to disparage Brttish fighting men of any stripe, past present or future. I have the utmost admiration and respect for them and find the stories of thier courage most interesting.

I was engagng in hyperbole. Apparently that famous British sense of humor raises it's ugly head again. Stiff upper lip, what?

Must I include emoticons on everything I type?

Reply to
Gray Ghost

Close:

's_Law .

Reply to
Al Superczynski

Scargill killed the coal industry - that year long strike did it!

Crap management, poor quality control, over militant unions, staff who couldn't care less.

Get things right and British built cars are as good as any others.

Reply to
Martin

Oh, and lets forget the polictical input prior to the miner's strike. They didnt strike just for the hell of it - the Tories goaded them into downing tools.

Its often the case that when a union sticks up for its members it gets labelled "militant".

Quite true.

Jimi

Reply to
Jimi

Red Robbo was militant - he also had no concern for his customers or his company. This does not excuse the bad management - both get the blame!

Reply to
Martin

Apology accepted.

Reply to
Anthony

Can you spell "Labour Government" and "TSR2"?

I could on, and on, and on . . .

Reply to
DBatt56523

Didn't the Labour Government also give the jet engine to Joe Stalin? Sped up his air force development by a few years. Made Korea lots more interesting as well.

The Old Timer

So could I. One day we'll get rid of both Labour and Conservatives and get a G'ment that actually knows what it's supposed to do. Unfortunately for me, I wont be around to see.

Jimi

Reply to
Jimi

The RR Nene engine IIRC.