Well, he'd only need to sell one, I guess...

So... Are you guys suggesting that I didn't get a great deal when I talked him into giving me BOTH a Hood and a Tirpitz for just $147,000

- with FREE shipping?

Reply to
Andy

It takes a big chunk of my personality to drop $100 on anything. $5 is more my comfort zone.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad Modeller

For that kind of scratch, I'd have to be getting an actual artifact from

*THE* Hood and *THE* Tirpitz.

But... did you say FREE shipping!

WmB

Reply to
WmB

Or for a few million dollars more (it's a special deal), find a picture of a dry dock and get some CGI wizard to overlay a copy of the real thing being built over time with fake webcam pictures put up on a website.

Reply to
Richard Brooks

David Young wrote the following:

I don't think that he does any better than some of us here. I've seen a lot of similar models built as well as his. Even if the ships were scratch built, they are way overpriced. Why is the 1/350 model of the Bismarck priced less (US $100,000.00) than the

1/700 models (US $154,170.00)? I have a lot of nitpicks regarding his 'museum quality' models.
Reply to
willshak

willshak wrote: : : I have a lot of nitpicks regarding his 'museum quality' models. : For GBP 100,000, I'd hand deliver the damn things myself. For the matter, I'd hand deliver them for US $100,000. :-)

Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Burden

Uh oh. Look here:

one is going for 1,000GBP, *not* 100,000GBP. Maybe this fellow mismanaged his decimal points and commas? Guess I was wrong; he's serious but not *that* serious.

-- david

Reply to
David Young