Where is everyone?

Yeah, 25 years just seems too new to go bad. Maybe you should complain to the manufacturer. ;)

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Mad-Modeller wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@nextline.com:

I did that once about a Tenson sweater I had for 15 years. after that time the cuffs started to wear and have holes in them.

I wrote to Tenson and wanted to tell them in a humorous way that I was very impressed with the quality of the sweater. So I told them that I had this sweater and after ONLY 15 years the cuffs were getting holes in them!

They send me back a letter, thanking me for that I was/am very content with their sweater AND send me a new sweater!!

Good guys!

Reply to
Dennis

G-29 (G-11) progress:Got the reshaped horizontal stabilizers with metal spar added in place last night along with the very tiny scallop at the base of the vertical fin. Still working on the shape of the stabs. They are straight in the kit where they should be swept back slightly. Also still working on the shape behind the cockpit canopy now that the canopy fits properly.

Hope nobody minds the build updates. It is on topic, but is it too boring?

Tom

Reply to
maiesm72

the new dr who will be out on dvd in a few weeks. i think you'll want to spend the bucks. you have a dvd player, bill?

well, if you buy the dvd, i'll send you one.

No boredom here. I'm enjoying hearing about model building. Carry on, sir!

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

No such beastie here. The VHS tapes won't fit in it.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Saw the first two episodes last week. To bring it on topic, I intend to model original tardis. The interior of the new one is highly modified. Liked the old one better.

Reply to
Don Stauffer

Cut off the ailerons on the G-29 (G-11) last night. Should have done that before attaching to the fuselage, but what the hey. When I thinned out the trailing edges of the wing I forgot to take the split flaps into consideration, so that's tonight's plan.

Tom

Reply to
maiesm72

Removed the flaps (should have done this before attaching the wings, too) added interior detail last night. I'll do the flaps tonight. Also picked up some good putty yesterday so that now I can fix the dents in the wings where the overscale strengthening bands were. Also reshaped the horizonal stabilizers which were presented as straight leading edges when they wer actually quite swept back.

On a nother modeling note: went to a collecter's toy and Disneyana show in Hayward yesterday. Aside from several Disney items I picked up a Renwal Martin Mars for $1. Now I need three props and both underwing floats with struts and a way to remove the brittle glue used. A box would be nice, too. :-) I also have the Renwal B-17 which needs a prop and a wheel to be complete. These were the first plastic kits produced in the U.S. and were also available in gift sets.

Tom

Reply to
maiesm72

Tom, I hope you can post pics over on abms. I've never seen either of those nor heard of their existence until today.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Tom - If you're still looking for Disney models, there's a Disney stagecoach on eBay that was still pretty cheap last time I looked (last night).

Reply to
The Old Man

Sorry, Bill, no capacity for transfering photos at this point. Hell, I'm using a borrowed computer!

Both models are pretty much toys with pretty accurate shapes. Wheels on the B-17 are huge, wheels for the Mars are strictly for rolling around and going "Brrrmmm".

The Mars is in a somewhat metalic green, the B-17 in OD with swirls of reds and other colors throughout. All windscreens, windows are simply open frame. Turrets are solid.

If I find someone that can photograph them for the internet I'll post the site here.

Tom

Reply to
maiesm72

Thanks for the heads up. I'll check it out tonight and see if I can afford it and if the seller can take a check.

I know, stone age, but I have too many other things to do and can't be bothered with Pay Pal and the like. I have only made one purchase on e-bay and I was very pleased with the results.

I'll let you know what comes of it.

Thanks again,

Tom

Reply to