why are many new posts replies ?

Is there something wrong with this ng, or is it my pc, but users replies are appearing as new posts. This is useless as they are out of context without the rest of the thread, like finding the last chapter of a book without the rest. What the hells going on, or is it user brain fade ? Steve

Reply to
Steve

Newsreader programs, and things like Google as well; are set to *only* download messages originating from a certain date and forward. If an original posting predates this setting, only the more recent replies will be displayed.

Reply to
Greg Heilers

well, blueyonder is not a real good isp...did you ask them or check to see if they are having problesm? clear your cache lately?

"Steve" wrote

Aw, who's got the energy to start a thread anymore?

KL

Reply to
Kurt Laughlin

That's the way it's always worked with Netscape...don't see why it would be any other way - a reply is a new post. Just not a new thread.

Reply to
Rufus

That could be due to any number of reasons but are you sure you have your newsreader (Outlook Express, apparently) configured to display threads properly?

Reply to
Al Superczynski

You can customise your settings by going to "Edit" then click on "Preferences" and then to "Disk Space". Pick your time limits there. All thi is assuming you have Netscape. I haven't a clue what to do with Microsoft.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

oooohhh, there's gotta be a smart-arse reply there somewhere... (grinding noises)... damn, no I can't get one to precipitate. Looks like you all miss out on my usually sparkling wit this time 'round. (c:

RobG

Reply to
Rob Grinberg

rasafrasinmisarafs....come on, get them huices creating.

Sounds like you work in Redmond . . .

Reply to
Charles Fox

Reply to
Greg Heilers

we thought it was more crappy software examiner?

Sorry, the canonical definition is: "Must Consult Someone Else."

Cheers, Gary B-)

Reply to
Gary R. Schmidt
Reply to