WTB a Chinese Junk 1/48 scale

Anybody have one or know where you could find one of these Junks. I think Monogram made them along with the RAG boat at or around the same time.

Also was there such a thing made as a "Chinese War Junk" and in what scale was it made

... Carl ..........

,,

Reply to
cyberborg 4000

didn't lindberg make one? i know i saw one somewhere and it was plastic.

Carl - The "Chinese War Junk" was Pyro/Life-Like/maybe Lindberg and is about 1:144 scale (8" long at any rate). Aurora made one in 1:72 and it's a pretty standard river junk. I have one of each, if you'd like to make an offer. Please contact me via e-mail if you're interested. Regards, - John

Reply to
The Old Man

Lindberg did a lot of weird stuff but not a Chinese junk, IIRC.

Aurora did do a junk - like 1/65th or so. Perhaps that's the one you're thinking of?

Cheers,

Reply to
Bill Shatzer

wouldn't surprise me.

Carl - Justed happened to remember that there was some kind of "war junk" that Revell (IIRC) made during the Vietnam conflict. I don't remember the scale. I've been dealing with eBay for six years now and only remember seeing a couple pass through, but then I really haven't been looking too hard for that model; I'm into other venues. Regards, John

Reply to
The Old Man

I've always had this idea in the back of my mind of how CooL it would be building the "JUNK" from in the Movie "5th Element"

The one that was flying around outside of his building. .Remember the one where he got his lunch from out of the window.

I do think that "JUNK" would be a really KewL build once it was all done with.

,,

Reply to
cyberborg 4000

The Revell junk was 1/144. Dunno that it was ever sold as a "war junk".

Monogram did a series of four 1/48 "Vietnam boats" with included a junk marketed under both the "Vietnam Command Junk" and "Vietnam Coastal Junk" names. A "Swift Boat", a LCP(R) with UDT team, and a RAG boat were also included in the 1/48 "Vietnam boats" series.

Cheers,

Reply to
Bill Shatzer