You Know You're a Hard-Core Modeler When...

i like german band names die toten hosen-the dead pants der todtlish doris-the deadly doris einsturzende neubaten-collapsing new buildings hansa plasti-? etc.

Reply to
someone

Yeah those are hard to keep sorted out. It's especially difficult when the gender of the word disagrees with the gender of the creature. I can live with 'die Kuh' as all 'cows' are female but 'das Pferd'? Ancient Germans apparently didn't see the horse in the same light as those who depended on them for existence.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Kraftwerk - power station

Bauhaus - building school

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

"Enzo Matrix" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

"Haus" is really a house ("Schule" is school. Pronounced: shooluh). Bauhaus was (is?) an old school for education in art, architecture etc. early in the last century. I think the bands name comes from that.

Cheers,

Bert Jan

Reply to
Bert-Jan

close, bauhaus was based on the art movement of 1904. they met and were named for the building. they also wrote the art of noise manifesto. the whole early manchester industrial sound was named on that early movement, except throbbing gristle, which is way different but a manchester band.

Reply to
someone

almost, from the movement "making music scierntific" that came from there. it also proposed art could be rendered as math.

Reply to
someone