Latest threads in Solidworks CAD Design softwareshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

cosmos power transfer through gears
Hello I am having an issue with transmitting power through a gear drive train. This is just for changing the design on the case so i can optimize it and certain gears in teh design are to be...

cosmos problems with splines
I am trying to run an annalysis on a transfer case that i have designed but i am having issues with the transmission of the forces through one of the splines. It only is showing that one of the spline...
3
3

Vector Art work from SW or PW?
I created a rendering from PhotoWorks of a cutaway product shot. It has been used on printed literature no problem. Now I'm being asked to provide a DWG file to our consulatants so they may animate...
4
4

Control used to make Pack and Go table in SWX 2007
Hi there, Does anybody know what type of control has been used to create the file list that's used in the Pack and Go functionality in SWX 2007. I'm thinking of using it, but I don't know which one...

assembly BOM issues
I have an a 3 configuration assembly. I'm wanting to do one drawing with all 3 configs. The drawing views are of only one of the configs. When I insert the BOM (not excel based) I pick the 3 configs I...
3
3

i need 4 speed gearbox CAD design about homework
i need 4 speed gearbox CAD design about homework. can you help me about it? solidworks or other cad programs best regards Nurkan KAHRAMAN

Tessellation
This problem has been annoying me for the last year so I hope someone has a few ideas on it... In order to get rid of tessellation in models you go to.. Tools>Options>Performance>Image Quality and put...
3
3

Create a lofted cut
I'm trying to make a loft cut out of a dome. The dome has extruded cuts that make it look like a 12 pointed star. On the legs of the star i'm trying to take a lofted slice off. I keep getting the...
5
5

Forget the above two threads - glitch -
Sorry - ignore the above - something has regurgetated a post from 10 months ago Jonathan

OT - John Layne - maxwell
John - did you manage to download v1 yet - I woke up this morning to a login email but it seems the server is down. Can't even get to the forum for the thumbs up or thumbs down news :-) TTFN Jonathan
1
1

Alternative CAD sales model
OK heres a stab at a proposal to counter piracy, relieve suffering for small businesses and provide a pathway for less wealthy countries to better themselves as prosperity permits. It makes a 2 tiered...
3
3

Shallow cut perpendicular to curved surface
Hi all, How would I make a thin (say 15 thou) indentation into a curved face? If I use extruded cut starting at face, using a sketch on a plane hovering over the surface, the edges of the cut are...
4
4

Toolbox Problem... or is it me?
"Ba Humbug", I have a Main Assembly and a New Assembly (that will be a subassembly for the main assembly). I am trying to simply add 4 PEM Studs to the New Assembly and "Drag & Drop" is not working......
2
2

Design library oring feature
Anyone else having major issues with this in 2006 sp5.1 ? To say it is all F'ed up is an understatement. I have replicated this on two machines as well Ben

Mold Designer
Phillips Plastics is a custom injection molder of both plastic and metal with annual sales nearing $220 million. Phillips Plastics Corporation has been setting the standard for injection molding...