Another session of Solidworks?

Just wondered if anyone else is having this problem? SW will try to open another session without any input from myself! I've had this happening whilst working in other applications and a couple of times I've returned to my PC to see the "journal file" message sitting there waiting for an input, so it appears to be completely random (the only common denominator is it normally happens when I have very large assemblies open). If I carry on working, the next step is for SW to crash to desktop. I haven't gone to my VAR yet as I can't be sure of replicating the problem. We have other seats here, but the problem only happens on mine.

Reply to
Bob Mac

Don't know! Sorry can't help.

But it sounds a lot like a similar problem we had with my bosses workstation here a while back. It wasn't SW though. It was MS Outlook. You could close Outlook and make sure it wasn't running in the task manager. But five minutes later, it would re-open on it own for no apparent reason. Did this constantly for years until we scrapped the workstation about a month ago. It doesn't do that anymore. lol

Reply to
Seth Renigar

I think you may have, "hit the nail on the head", there! Why, you may ask? I never really took any notice, when the MS office installer box , kept coming up, when opening sw2005 sp3.1, with Pdmworks 2005 sp3.1. This has happened, on three different machines, in the last week! On the forth machine, this happened today, with sw2004 sp3 with Pdmworks, can't remember the sp. Could this be coincidence? Ms office 2000 I also had a lot of problems on the 1st June 2005, which have now disappeared, except one. Very strange!, lol I shall be doing a new install this weekend, to see, if there is any change.

Gremlins are Back!

"Seth Renigar" wrote in message news:Xqeqe.6874$ snipped-for-privacy@twister.southeast.rr.com...

Reply to
pete