Anybody run SolidWorks on a laptop with nvidia geforce go 7400 graphics?

Subject pretty much sums it up. I'm eyeing a laptop that uses that graphics chipset and wondered if anyone had any feedback about it. It'll also have 1 gig ram and 2GHz dual-core. I'm working on fairly basic stuff - prismatic parts with assy's with about 50-100 parts or so.

Thanks!

Reply to
Matt Smith

nVidia cards are usually best for SolidWorks. As long as you don't have multiple solidworks part windows at the same time, then using a non-quadro card should be fine for your work. But if you find that you have, lets say, 10+ part windows open at a time then you can run into some bad slowdowns. I think this is because all the information is stored in graphics memory which then gets chewed up. Make sure the

7400 has at least 64mb, preferably 128mb, of PHYSICAL memory. A bunch of laptops these days have cards that use both physical and system memory. The latter is waaaaaay slower and is just there to produce more marketing babble about better performance when in reality it offers minimal improvements.
Reply to
Mr. Who