API Guru's.... Has anyone written a macro that

Has anyone written a macro that extracts all dimensions and/or GD&T from a drawing and puts them to a text/excel file?

Thanks, Don Van Zile Norgren Automotive

Reply to
dvanzile

I have a subroutine that does most of it... here's the important part:

Dim ATW_DrawingDoc As SldWorks.DrawingDoc ATW_DrawingDoc = swApp.ActiveDoc ATW_DrawingDoc.InsertModelAnnotations2(0, False, 32776, True, True, False) 'ATW_ModelDoc2.InsertModelDimensions(0) ATW_DisplayDimension = ATW_View1.GetFirstDisplayDimension3() Do Until ATW_DisplayDimension Is Nothing

If ATW_DisplayDimension.GetText(SwConst.swDimensionTextParts_e.swDimensionTextC alloutAbove) "FID" Then Dim i_Annotation As SldWorks.Annotation i_Annotation = ATW_DisplayDimension.GetAnnotation boolstatus = i_Annotation.Select2(False, 1) ATW_ModelDoc2.HideDimension() Else

ATW_DisplayDimension.SetText(SwConst.swDimensionTextParts_e.swDimensionTextC alloutAbove, "") End If ATW_DisplayDimension = ATW_DisplayDimension.GetNext4() Loop

Reply to
Evan T. Basalik

I have something like this. Is this is your correct email address? I was trying to send it to you but it seems there's a problem.

Reply to
Idandan

Contact Bob Hanson here.

He did something similar to this for me at Huffy Sports.

Ken Maren

Reply to
Ken Maren

Thanks for your help. I will try to make this work. Is there anything in this group that doesn't get a response?

Reply to
dvanzile

Sadly, I had to get my email changed because of all the spam I was getting at work. I have to believe it was from having it posted here several times. Big oops on my part. I just sent you an e-mail that should have my correct sending address. Of course, that's if you use that yahoo account.

If you don't read it, my new email is the same, just with a '3' on the end of 'dvanzile' So it would be dvanzile3@....... you know the rest.

Thanks for any help on this!!!!

Reply to
dvanzile

Yes, sometimes there will be no response. But, I believe it's not because nobody cares, but rather that nobody has any idea about how to answer it. In some cases, more information is needed to even attempt an answer, and that request is usually put forth. But sometimes the question seems straight-forward enough to be clear, but there is no answer to the question. Personally, sometimes I'm here scratching my head thinking, "I don't have a clue - hopefully someone does." And sometimes, if a question sits unanswered for a while, someone will step in with the obvious (by then) - "We don't have a clue!" So, if you have a thought, spit it out - that way the question won't appear to be ignored.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany