Assembly, Edit part color no workee

I can't get SW2005 "assembly-edit part color" to work.

The feature tree objects turn the right color, but not the geometry.

Anyone else ?????

Mark

Reply to
MM

MM, Yes, I can confirm this, regardless of the color I choose. There seem to be MANY MANY graphical problems with this release of SW.

I have one SPR and one forthcoming for graphics related issues. Lets all hope that SP1.0 will fix a lot of these problems.

Muggs

Reply to
Muggs

Muggs,

Very strange,,

I just installed 2005 on an "identical" (and I mean IDENTICAL) machine, and it works correctly.

I guess I'll go to the SW site and report this, unless you already have.

Mark

Reply to
MM

No I have not. Be my guest. Maybe SW really stands for Surely Wierd!

Muggs

Reply to
Muggs

I have been having to do a CTRL-Q to see update.

Reply to
Mike J. Wilson

Mike,

You can't do a control-Q when in edit part mode.

Are you sure you understand the problem ???

By the way, just confirmed the problem on my machine at home.

Mark

Reply to
MM

Just tried it here and no problem - I changed it 3 or 4 times and came out and it worked just fine. SW2005, FireGL card.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Muggs,

Found it,,,new checkbox,,, tools-options-colors-"use specified colors when editing in assemblies". Don't remember ever having to mess with that one,,,,oh well

Mark

Reply to
MM

WOW, your right! What does that say when something doesn't go as planned, and we just assume that it's a bug!

Well, what it says to me is that their "What's New" Pamphlet isn't working very well. BTW, how is it that the What's New "book" keeps getting SMALLER and SMAller and smaller.

My 2 cents, Muggs

Reply to
Muggs

I went back to my 2003 installation and it's there and checked.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

"Wayne Tiffany" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@uni-berlin.de:

I can remember wrestling with that one back in 99 when I started with SW. It's a shame I didn't remember it when I first saw this thread.

I prefer to have it turned off. I know what part I'm editing, and I like to have parts stay the color I assigned to them.

Reply to
Dale Dunn

Muggs,

Is 238 pages small ????

The little book that comes with the CD is just highlights. The PDF that installs with the program is pretty big. I printed three copies to circulate amongst the troops. Never felt the need to do this before, but the new funcionality warrents it this time. I'll also be making a presentation to all our users to go through this stuff. For I.D., 2005 is a significant improvement. I want to make sure they know about the new sketching and surfacing tools, and how to use them.

Mark

Reply to
MM

No, sorry about that. I thought you meant "edit part's" color. I've been having problems with them updating in 2005.

Mike

Reply to
Mike J. Wilson

No Mark, 238 pages isn't small. I should have be more clear. I was talking about the fact that we used to get a full blown SW book ( in fact a couple of them) and up until 2005 we only got a "What's New" book, and now we get a pamphlet and a PDF of the what's new. I don't know, maybe it's just me, but I would think that for $1200 USD a year I would at least get a what's new book.

Rant over, Sorry, Muggs

Reply to
Muggs

Muggs,