ATI AIW 9800 Pro Mod

Has anyone modified the AIW to act as a FireGL card. How well does it work? Do you loose the AIW capabilities if this mod is done ... or does the CAD package see it an an open GL card?

Reply to
Sam Soltan

You do realize this cards fails SW tests??

Regards, Scott

Reply to
Scott

no I did not..., I have read elswhere of modifications to nVidia cards and ATI consumer / gamers video cards which will allow them to be Open GL cards. I am trying to find out if it is possible.

Reply to
Sam Soltan

Check SoftFireGl at

tried, but the same guy does the SoftQuadro, which works.

Reply to
Philippe Guglielmetti

They ARE OpenGL cards, but with "limited" features for SW. With modifications you can remove the limitations.

Reply to
Markku Lehtola

There is plenty of old discussions about SoftQuadro for example, you should check them out. It's not a problem to "turn" GeForce to Quadro. With Laptop that's usually little bit more tricky task.

Reply to
Markku Lehtola