Blockyness starting to show up

Hello All,

I have an NVidia Quadro FX 1000 Video card. Not the latest and greatest but it's been fine for quite sometime now. Lately I've noticed that simple 50 to 60 part assemblies are showing "blocks" when I rotate with the mouse or Space Traveler. I tried a few different drivers with the same results (81.67 and 84.26).

This is since a reinstall of a crashed HDD, so I believe that it's something that's not "setup" properly. Not a show stopper, but annoying.

Any thoughts?

Muggs

Reply to
Muggs

Muggs,

That's a normal function which you have some control over. It is not a bug, and not a bad video card or driver, not an installation problem.

If you go to Tools, Options, Performance, slide the Level Of Detail slider to the left if you want to decrease the amount of "detail decimation".

good luck!

matt

Muggs wrote:

Reply to
matt

Thanks Matt, I know about that but this is different. I just tried SW approved driver

77.56, and when I loaded the assembly and rotated with the mouse everything seemed OK, but after using the Space Traveler, the blockyness came back and stayed when I rotated again with the mouse.

I think I'll try and older 3DConnexion driver and see what happens and report back.

Muggs

Reply to
Muggs

OK, I figured it out (insert embarased face here).

Well I THOUGHT (knew) that I had the Level of Detail set to off, but somehow (SolidWorks) someone (SolidWorks) must have turned it on Less(faster) for me (SolidWorks). I don't know who would have turned it way down like that (SolidWorks)(SolidWorks) because I'm the only one who uses it.

Well I'm stumped, but thanks for having me check that, now there is much joy a celebrating.

Hey! I wonder if a recent SP of SolidWo.... No that's just silly.

Muggs

Muggs wrote:

Reply to
Muggs

Whew!

I thought I was going to have to learn something new. I didn't know there was something else that did that.

Reply to
matt