Centre lines on ellipses

Hi all, I have a block with angled holes drilled in from one face. These holes obviously produces an ellipse where they break out of the block. SW doesn't automatically create centrelines on these and won't let me manually add cl's to them. Anyone know of a workaround? The ellipse does has a centre point that you can pick up on to dimension to. Regards, David

Reply to
david

Someone else might know for sure, but I suspect that putting a "cross hairs" type centre mark on a hole implies that you are viewing it as a true arc/circle.

If it is in fact an ellipse in a particular view, then it probably shouldn't have a centre mark.

John H

Reply to
John H

First, make sure you are in the appropriate view. Then just draw in centerlines manually.

Matt

fcsuper

I dimension this sort of thing in a side or section view. SW will readily sketch a centerline on the hole in those sorts of views. Then cntrl-select the centerline and the line for the face desired and put a sketch point there. Dimension that.

I specifically said sketch centerline above because this does not work with the SW centerline tool.

jk

Reply to
John Kreutzberger