Combining Multiple dwgs to single dwg

Im wondering if there is a way to do this, either thru API or manaually (Ill automate afterwards)

The assembly Im now working on may have many parts suppressed/not included with any particular configuration; and both PDF/E-Drawings work on a single document.

(re)Loading the template and updating custom props seems easy enough, how about the copying of drawing views from one drawing to another?

Reply to
rocheey

If you select your views and run this code it will add a sheet2 and paste them around the point you input in the code. You could modify it to suit your needs. Or you could hire me to do it for you.

Corey Scheich

Part.EditCopy Part.ClearSelection2 True Part.NewSheet3 "Sheet2", 12, 12, 1, 4, False, _ "G:\Library\Drawing Templates\GARLOCKA.slddrt", 0.2794, 0.2159, "Default" _ boolstatus = Part.Extension.SelectByID("Sheet2", "SHEET", _

0.1247969421813, 0.1182229816032, 0, False, 0, Nothing) 'the two long funny numbers should calculate to the middle of 'where you want the views on the sheet (in meters) for close results 'unfortunately sw calculates the center of a bounding box for 'many of their commands but doesn't expose necessary code like 'that for us to use. I guess I should put in an enhancement request. Part.Paste

Reply to
Corey Scheich

Well, Ive been programming in various 'dialects' of BASIC since 1981, I think I can handle it. But thanx anyway.

Reply to
rocheey