Component pattern of sub-assy's

SW2005, sp 2 and then sp01.1.

I have a fairly busy sub-assembly that I am trying to put into my main mold base assembly. This is going to be a 2 + 2 mold so there will be 2 instances of 2 different sub-assy's in the mold.

I bring the first instances of each in and mate them into place. However, when I try to use a linear somponent pattern of the sub-assemblies SW will crash every time. I tried it with 2 different machines on sp2. One had XP, the other Win2K and they have different vis cards. Neither worked. The I rolled back my main workstation to sp01.1, but it was to no avail.

Is this a known issue? Anybody have an SPR#??

This is a real PITA. Sure hope they fix this in SW2005 instead of concentrating on 2006-beta. I remember something about this in previous releases, but didn't realize it was still a problem.

jk

Reply to
jk

John, I have had linear patterning of items and sub-assemblies in SW2004 SP5, too, and I just give up and place them in one at a time.

I don't know if that is the same as 2005, but it sounds like it.

I just don't have time to fart with it.

I would certainly think SolidWorks knows of some of these issues.

Bo

Reply to
Bo

John,

No problems here. I'm still running SWX2005 SP0.1 though. I just finished a design very similar to yours 4+4 patterned cavity stacks along with P/L Lock sub assemblies and early return system sub assemblies.

Malcontent Southern California's Four Seasons: Earthquake, Mudslide, Brushfire, and Riot

Reply to
Malcontent