possible revelation (attn. Clay)

Another poster here is in my geographic area. He called me several weeks ago about something strange he was seeing in SW2005 and wondered what I knew about it. I confirmed it, but couldn't explain it. The issue has to do with getting to a certain point in a design (an assembly as I recall) and suddenly the model looks a lot smaller than we think it should when one zooms-to-fit. We were wondering what was causing this, but I think I might have stumbled onto the reason.

Another of the glitches in 2005 is the random and inconsistent display of cosmetic threads. One of the wierd things that happens to them is that they get huge for no apparent reason-way out of proportion ot the hole they are supposed to be attached to. Sometimes they kind of flicker on as you pass your cursor over the assembly, but then go away. I am now wondering if this is what is causing the software to zoom way out when one zooms-to-fit. It is accounting for the erroneous cosmetic thread.

Just a thought. Any other thoughts on this subject? SW2005, sp01.1 ; Win2k ; nvidia xgl 1100-with the newest approved drivers posted 1/2005.

jk

Reply to
jk

I 've seem this in SW 2005 you have to edit the defintion of the hole wizard hole then it goes back to normal

Reply to
cadman800

Yeah, it'll go back to normal until you edit something else above it in the feature tree-then it will go wacky again.

jk

Reply to
jk

See my post about templates in sw2005 sp0.0 This has be confirmed by my Var, but has not yet been confirmed by SW.

Reply to
pete

Hi Pete,

ya know, I saw that over the weekend. It resonated with me and I actually printed it out for further reference later. Then I promptly forgot all about it-it's still sitting over in my `in' basket. I'll look into it when I get a chance and report back.

Thanks for the reminder.

jk

Reply to
jk