Copy settings wizard

I'm using the copy settings wizard to move all the settings I've been using in SW2006 to SW2007 (all on the same PC). I've got the sldreg file, I'm not sure what to do with the file next.

Reply to
cadout

If you've installed 2007 on the same computer it should take all of the settings from 2006 and use them for 2007. If not you should be able to use the copy settings wizard in 2007 and import them that way.

How do I import the settings then? I tried "restore settings" for 2007 with the sldreg file created from 2006, and that didn't seem to work.

Reply to
cadout

When you installed SW2007, it copied the SW2006 settings.

The Restore doesn't appear to be doing anything because the settings are already there.

Reply to
TEngle

You could try editing the reg file and replacing all the 2006s with

2007. It writes all the values to a specific registry location based on the SolidWorks version.
Reply to
yawdro

How do I edit the reg file?

Reply to
cadout

Just open *.sldreg file in notepad.

Reply to
alexei.roz

Once I save the file, should the settings automatically carryover to

2007? I did just that, and 2007 is still showing the default settings.
Reply to
cadout