Curvature generation

Here is what's in the Help.

Curvature generation Select one of the two following options:

a.. Only on demand. This is the default. The initial curvature display is slower, but it uses less memory.

b.. Always (for every shaded model). The curvature displays more quickly on the first display, but extra memory is always used (RAM and disk) for every part that you create or open.

This, to me doesn't make sense. The recommended setting for LAM is "Only on Demand," so I presume it's because of the less memory usage. But why is the initial display slower? My thought was that it only displayed the intricate details when needed, but then you would think the display would be faster also. Does anybody know how this works and if the Help is correct?

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany