cut-list symetry?

It looks like a cut-list for weldments doesn't recognize a right-hand cut from a left-hand cut. i.e. if you make a cut list of a 3 piece "U" path, the left and right parts are said to be identical parts (which they are not if you are using a non-symmetrical profiles like an angle or C-channel). Sure, the 2 pieces are both cut 45-angles but not the same way.

Is this a half-baked tool or am I missing something?

Thanks.

Reply to
Bob

You can click and drag the "Structural Member" out of the "Cut List Item" folder drag it to the "Cut List" then right click it and "Create Cut List Item"

It also sometime doesn't recognise the fact that two items are identical, in which case you can drag the "Structural Member" from one "Cut List Item" folder to another.

John Layne

John Layne

Thanks soo much! The value of this listserv has proven itself over and over. I hope the vendor support folks consider this to be their "bible". It is for me. Thanks again. Bob, Toronto

"John Layne" > from a left-hand cut. i.e. if you make a cut list of a 3 piece "U" path,

Reply to
Bob

Hi Bob,

This is a bug that has been reported. In my case I didn't notice it until too late because it was a counterbored hole in a member that on one tube bored from the left side and on the other tube bored from the right side. The cut list showed them as the same part which they are most definately not as evidence lies in the scrap pile! I wasn't too hard on myself as the weldment had alots and lots of parts.

Zander

Reply to
Zander

This can also be an isue when saving parts out to a file. SW doesn't recognize that bodies with the same surface area and volume are not necessarily the same Geometry or something.

Reply to
CS