Design Table Error - Unable To Edit - Help

Hi,
I've opened a SW2005 file that contains a design table and when
i go to edit design table (same with in a window) i get the
following error...
"Failed to laungh server application."
Would anyone know what is going on here? I can't edit any file
with a design table in SW2006. :( I can create a Design Table
but at any point after i catn edit it.
Cheers,
DWH
Reply to
HoffY
I have had that error on occasion.
1/ Reboot 2/ Launch Excel before you edit the table 3/ Edit table in different window
John Layne
John Layne
This usually should solve it. When I get that error, there is usually an excel.exe process running invisibly, so a new one won't launch. Another option is to kill this extra Excel.exe process from the task manager.
Reply to
Dale Dunn
If stopping the excel process does not work, ...and rebooting the computer is getting old, running in a separrate window is the most error free.
Another thing to consider are excel add-ins. I had two engineers who were plagued by design table problems and in the end, I simply turned off all of their add-ins. The excel executive program still hangs from time to time but for the most, their problems were resolved. I never did find out if there was one particular source for the problems but "Access Links", "Auto Save" and the "Lookup Wizard" were common to both of their settings.
Reply to
Eddie