SP1.0 is available

BIG improvement over SP0.0

Reply to
Double Ace

That's great but look at the size of it for us on "SloowwBand" Dialup internet connection

Reply to
mramm

Even once you download it, the update goes slowly. Please wait while Windows configures SolidWorks... zzz... Insert disc 1 ... Insert disc 2... zzz...

Reply to
TTTembo

We've got an admin image which means there's no need for the disks which is useful.

I've noticed that 2006 SP1 seems to be running very slowly with the large drawings I have been using in 2005 SP5, but it could be that my machine needs its 12 O'Clock reboot... Has anyone else noticed a slowdown? I was under the impression that 2006 offered faster performance, especially with large assemblies/drawings.

Reply to
Wigg

Have you converted all the native 2005 files over to 2006 files? If you have read only files on a network and such that have not been converted could be the reason.

Don

Reply to
dvanzile

Ah, ok. I'll try converting them. I've only got 2006 SP1 on for testing at the moment to check for issues which means I can't convert the standard parts library yet or I'll spanner up the models for all the

2005 users but I'll take that into account as a possibility.
Reply to
Wigg

Have you seen the "all SPR's"[sic] list? They fixed a ton, including a new HW database (usually about 50MB).

Reply to
Dale Dunn

Has anyone else noticed a

They've been saying that ever since back when it ran about 20X faster than it does now.

bill

Reply to
rider89