Drawing forms question

Hello everyone,

I am new to Solidworks. I want to make "A", "B", and "C" size drawing forms that have attributes built into them to automatically populate the drawing forms from data built into the models. How do I do this? Are there any good tutorials that cover this? Are there any drawing forms with attributes in them that I can download, examine and learn from?

Thanks for your help in advance! SRB

Reply to
SRB

See the help menu under "document templates"

Mike

Reply to
Michael Eckstein

Also do a search on "custom properties" which throws up various useful help topics, notably "link to property".

John H

Reply to
John H

Something that you may want to remember is that if you open a standard SW part or assembly file and save it as a "part template" or an "assembly template" respectively that just about every system setting will be saved into that template.

The best thing to do is to open a new part of assembly file, AND while not adding any geometry but just saving after modifying the settings, that you will be able to have a tremendous amount of control.

When I first got started with SW I saved an assembly template and didn't realize that the orientation of the printer was portrait instead of landscape. Then, every once in a while when I happened to use that perticular template that the printer would send out strange results. It took a little while to understand that even the printer settings are saved in the template.

One of the things that I have done has been to develope about a dozen part template files with the custom property, "material" being pre-defined. Then when I create a new part I "preselect" that the material is alum or steel or plastic etc. With a little creative naming for these files I have been able to add a little more order to my SW universe.

Hope this helps,

EdT

Reply to
Ed