dual or quad core for sw2009?

Working on configuring a new workstation & wondering if I'll regret not going to a quad core when sw2009 is released. I work on pretty large assemblies & was planning on:

Core2 duo E8500 3.16 ghz

8 gb DDR2 800 mhz quadro FX 3700 2X 300GB 10,000 rpm WD VelociRaptor RAID 0 1X 320GB 7,200 rpm (for backups / archiving) Vista Business 64

I don't use photoworks or cosmos but the imported customer data & complex machines that I am designing make for some very large file sizes. With an eye on the future, would it be worth a few hundred extra to get the quad core Q9450 overclocked to 3.0 ghz? (I've been quoting Xi & Polywell) Any suggestions are appreciated!

Reply to
lakesurfbob

Neither. Xeon!

Matt Lorono

fcsuper

do you have any data comparing xeon vs. E8500 or E8400?

Reply to
lakesurfbob