DWG Conversions

Well,

I've just had the luxury of doing my first SolidWorks Drawing to DWG conversion. It's looking like I'm going to have to tweak my title blocks (again) and conversion scripts to get things looking "reasonably" decent.

I have to wonder why this is necessary. Why can't SolidWorks create a DWG that doesn't require a load of clean up? In the past my conversion script would get me a pretty fair DWG file. Well, it no longer works because of all the changes in recent versions. Text that is center justified in SolidWorks is exported to text with a left-bottom justification in the DWG. WHY?

Does no one in Concord use the copy of IntelliCAD they package with SolidWorks?

Thanks, I feel better now that I got that off my chest. =========================================================================== Chris

Reply to
Chris Dubea