Hole chart feature question

hi, I just started using the new hole chart feature in sw 2004 sp03. I have no problem choosing the datum point and holes that I want in the chart, for let's say, the front view, but when I want to also choose holes that are in the right-hand view, solidworks won't let me select them. Because of this limitation, is it necessary to make separate hole charts for each view, (choosing datum's for each view)? I was hoping that I could reference a vertex point that the 2 views have in common for use as a reference point, then select all of the holes in each view, resulting in only one hole chart. Any help would be appreciated.

Reply to
joe

joe,

I asked my VAR this very question several months ago. You are correct. This is a limitation and a hole table for each view must be created.

When doing this, I would highly recommend showing the datum for the hole table in each view so that the person reading the print can easily confirm that they are in the same (or different) locations.

Reply to
Seth Renigar