Hole Charts in Drawings -2004

Hello,

I've recently added a hole chart to define the type of hole and the hardware installed within. The chart is linked to the view it is derived from. Unfortunaltely I need the chart to define the holes and hardware for all views of the part. When I add another chart, I get redundant tags that could be confused with other views, let alone an entirely new chart. I'd like one chart for all views. Is this possible?

-Lou

Reply to
<foo

foobar,

To accomplish what you are after, when you are creating your hole charts, do not select the face, as that will capture all holes on that face. Instead, select only the edges of the holes individually. This way, you can "pick-and-choose" which holes will be called out from each view in their respective hole chart.

Reply to
Seth Renigar

Oh! Just re-read your post. I mis-read before.

No, you can not have one hole chart for all of the views.

But, by using a hole chart for each view, and using the technique from my previous post, you can at least call-out all of the holes and eliminate redundancy. If you are concerned about having multiple hole charts, you can name the hole chart to clarify which view it is associated to, as well as use a different tag scheme for each view.

Reply to
Seth Renigar