Hole Wizard? Library? Whatever?

I'll be evaluating SW2004 beginning later this week. I have an 03 eval now. I'm an MDT user, and in MDT you can create a 'library' of holenotes to be used when detailing drawings. The library in MDT allows you to create & choose from different notes for the same type of hole. So, for a simple thru hole on a part, I could choose a note that says to insert a PEM nut, insert a rivet nut, leave it as is, or a number of other things.

Is there a way to do the same thing in SW2004? There doesn't appear to be in 03... I realize that you can customize the note for each different type of hole, but it seems that each hole can have no more than one note.

Were there any improvements in SW2004 that would allow me to do what I want? Or, is there currently a way that I don't know about? The only workaround I see is to create a simple text file of all of my holenotes, and copy & paste what I need into each holenote as I place them.

Any help/suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

Brian

Reply to
Brian Mears

You could use a cosmetic thread the same size as the hole (so it doesn't really show but still attaches a note) and then add that hole to your feature palette. Down side, you would have to do this for each note type and hole size.

That's my quick answer. Maybe someone will have a better solution for you.

Rory

Reply to
Rory

There is a hole callout format file in rtf that comes with the software. It prints out to approximately 45 pages if printed from wordpad. It is located in the installation directory\lang\english and is called calloutformat.txt. You can edit and customize this to get what you want.

Bruce Bretschneider Phoenix, AZ USA

Brian Mears wrote:

Reply to
Bruce Bretschneider

There is no way to do this. This is one of the very few areas where MDT is better. I don't know of anything better than keeping the text of various notes in a .txt file, then pasting in from there. If you want numbers to update in the notes, you'll have to link the note to relevant dimensions.

Reply to
Dale Dunn

Blocks would allow you to do this. These were also available in 03. Hole callouts already mentioned might also help.

matt

"Brian Mears" wrote in news:BEOdnba0 snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

Reply to
matt

Yes you can save favourites, create your note then at the top of the feature manager there are a few icons for loading & saving your favourite notes. Unfortunately you have to load each of the notes on every new drawing.

Andy

Reply to
Andrew.cdc