Hole Wizard on Plane?

Ok, I have a plane (not geometry), then I want to put a hole on it..with Hole Wizard. Is there any way to change the direction of the hole..like with "reverse direction" button? There seems to be no way to define the direction..?

Reply to
Markku Lehtola

Strange I never noticed that before. The only way I can get it to "reverse Direction" is to use thru up to surface or up to vertex conditions (2003sp4.0)

Reply to
Matthew A. Bush

Thanks, that did the job in this case. But what if I really need "through all" or "blind" :-(

Markku

Reply to
Markku Lehtola

We have run into this also. I like the solution that Markku gave. You could create the surface at the blind distance and then hide the surface.

Thanks Markku for the work around!

Reply to
SWuser

Markku Lehtola wrote in news:bkcgna$nbj$3 @phys-news1.kolumbus.fi:

The API can flip a hole orientation. Record a macro of inserting the hole. Edit the macro, flip the argument that controls direction, then run the edited macro. I don't remember which argument it is. YOu can find it in the API help. Once you record the macro, search the API help for the function you find in the macro. You should be able to puzzle it out from there, even if you don't know VB.

Reply to
Dale Dunn

The direction is determined by how the plane is oriented. Hole Wizard will cut in the direction of the 'red' side of the plane. So what you would have to do is re-orient or re-create the plane so that the 'green' side is facing outward.

Mike Wilson

Reply to
Mike J. Wilson

Sounds so simple..I'll test that some day. Thanks.

Reply to
Markku Lehtola

Looks like I'm going to have to retract that statement. I just tried an experiment and it didn't work like I expected...

No matter which plane I select, it wants to cut the hole in one direction only, in this case upwards.

What's interesting is that if I hide one of the solid bodies or change its location, the hole will cut in the direction of the nearest solid.

It's as if there is an intelligence in the programming that looks for the nearest solid body to determine direction.

I guess I never noticed it before.

Mike Wilson

Reply to
Mike J. Wilson