How can I edit a drawing file without the related part file?

I have a slidworks drawing file (*.slddrw), but some of the part file (*.sldprt) related to the drawing is missing, are there any way I can edit the drawing file? thanks

Reply to
mike.hfzhang

You can work on the drawing, but anything it can't find will be missing. If you think you will find it later, and can work around it, you should be ok.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

If you can open the drawing with the parts available you can unlink the drawing from the parts and have an independent drawing that does not referance the models, it can be re-linked again later. But if you don't have the parts available when you first open the drawing you are pretty much pooched.

Steve R

Reply to
Steve Reinisch