How to Dimension Length of Profile in Drawings?

I have a need to include the total "unfolded" length of a sequence of tangential arcs and lines in drawings.

I know I can get the length of an arc by selecting the arc and its endpoints.

Is there another trick to get the total length of a sequence of lines and arcs somehow?

Right now I measure it in the part using Tools > Measure and enter it as a note, but that doesn't update if the model does...

/C

Reply to
Chebeba

My thoughts:

  1. If the source of those lines & arcs happen to be attached to a flat pattern of a sheet metal part, then you can put a dimension in the model and pull that dimension.

  1. If not, then how about putting a dimension on all the segments (make sure you dimension arc length, not chord length) and then inserting another sketch line and with an equation, make the length of that line be equal to the sum of all the others. Then you can use that dimension.

Or, some combination or variation of the above, such as a custom property, etc.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Good input. In my dreams I had wished for a slightly less cumbersome solution, but thanks anyway!

Reply to
Chebeba

Use composite curve to create a continuous curvy line. Next select the composite feature in tree and click on measure. Or click on measure first and then the composite feature in tree.

Kman

Reply to
Kman