How to use the Linear Spring Physical Simulation feature

I am at a loss. I have been playing with the Linear Spring feature for far too long and I have yet to get it to work. It seems simple enough, but when I try to select the endpoints for the spring, I am only ever able to select one point, never two. I have tried all combinations of points and edges and various objects with no luck. Can someone enlighten me on what I am missing here?

Thank you, J

Reply to
digiwebstudios