MicroSoft Mouse

I just got a MicroSoft mouse that has three buttons but won't map the middle thumbwheel to the middle mouse function. Does anybody have a workaround for this?

Reply to
kellnerp

assuming its an intellipoint like mine then bring up mouse properties/wheel/wheel troubleshooter/advanced and add SW there

Reply to
neil

You'll need IntelliPoint version 4.x or lower as Microsoft has removed some of the customization options from 5.X making it almost unusable in SolidWorks.

Dave H

neil wrote:

Reply to
Dave H

Unfortunately my Intellipoint doesn't have a wheel tab or wheel troubleshooter.

Have you installed Intellipoint 4.X or older?

Dave H

troubleshooter.

Reply to
Dave H

Reply to
kellnerp

It turns out that if I just uninstall the "#$%^&*Point" driver XP treats it as a HID mouse and the middle mouse button works.