Mirrored Components

Why is it that this never recreates the mates that I want. I don't know how it works when you actually need mirrored components but alot of the time I have instanced mirrors. Any part that is mirrored has absolutely no mates attached to it. Not even between the parts that are within the mirror. Surely atleast the mates between them should carry over. Does anyone know if it ever actually reattaches the mates.

Corey

Reply to
Corey Scheich

I don't have an answer, but at least your parts aren't skewing when they mirror. Mine are imported and often get thrown off by a fraction of a degree and sometimes get oriented in some bizarre fashion. And yes I have an SPR assigned and no I am not holding my breath. I believe it only recreates mate between the mirrored components themselved. It doesn't create mates between mirrored components and components that were already there.

Reply to
Jeff N

When mirroring instances I can't even get it to do this.

Reply to
Corey Scheich

if you think about it, it is a very difficult problem to mirror the mates in a general case. Do you know if other cads (Pro/E...) can mirror sub-assemblies and mate them correctly?

Reply to
Philippe Guglielmetti

No, it's not perfect. Yes, in many cases you are better off not trying to have it recreate the mates. But, in some cases it gets most or all of the mates which can save a lot of time. The new mate reattachment makes it pretty simple to fix the ones that didn't come through.

Are you suggesting that they completely remove the option to reattach the mates even though it is not 100%?

JJ

Reply to
JJ

Whoops! That last line should have read "... just because it is not 100%?".

On second thought, I probably should not have posted it at all because it sounds antagonistic which it was not meant to be. Everyone has the right to gripe and vent. It just irks me when I think someone is going to push for removal of functionality that I find useful.

JJ

Reply to
JJ

Naaah, I wouldn't say to have it removed if it works atleast sometimes. I don't think it has ever worked for me so I am quite disapointed. I am sure everyone understands that. I guess I am just pushing for it to function more consistently.

Corey

Reply to
Corey Scheich