Open a new assembly window in Solidworks 2003

I am a newbie, following the Solidworks2003 tutorial. When trying to create an assembly, I cannot create an assembly. i am waiting for the books to arrive, can someone give me a hint how to proceed? Is it necessary to open a special Assem1 window to be able to create an assembly, or can you use a Part template?

The Online Tutor of Solidworks2003 says: "Click New on the Standard toolbar and open a new assembly from the Tutorial tab.

I have only Part1 in the Template and Turorial tab.

Regards,

Hubert

Reply to
Hubert Beekman

you have to go file>new>assembly for an assembly. (there are other ways, but that's best to start.....)

Reply to
Lee Bazalgette

You need the Assembly Template. Checkout the help files too they may have some answers

Regards Corey

Reply to
Corey Scheich

In your installation of SW, you should have 3 base templates for the tutorial - Assem.asmdot, Draw.drwdot, & Part.prtdot. Look here: C:\Program Files\SolidWorks\lang\english\tutorial. If you don't, they didn't get installed for some reason.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany