OT: Video from web

Hello All,

Sorry for the OT, but I have a problem, and I thought I would ask the smartest peeps I know. A friend of mine is into robots and just won a robot fire fighting competition in Canada. While he was up there The Discovery Channel Canada miked him up all day and did a short piece on him, that is actually very good. Anyway, if you go to the website you can look at the video but I can't find anyway to save it for him to my HDD so that I can burn him a copy. While the video is running from the website if I RMB on the video screen and go to properties I can find the address, and then typing in the address into my browser the video comes up in Windows Media Player, but without the option to save. Does anyone have any idea on haw I would go about "saving " this video? Oh, BTW, for your own enjoyment here's the link:

TIA, Muggs

------- Change "home" to"comcast" to reply

Reply to
Muggs

if you have access to a machine with linux, you can use wget and will download any file of any type.

regards,

Reply to
Gianni Rondinini

This will not work in this case. This is streaming video. All you get is this link, not the file or bitstream.

199.246.67.28:80/exnmedia/exn20041116-robot.asf
Reply to
P.

"Muggs" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com...

Just googled "capture streaming" and got a bunch of interesting answers. Keep us informed if you find a good solution, could be useful some day...

Reply to
Jean Marc BRUN

IE and Mozilla: Right click on the link and select Save Target As.

Reply to
Bob P

OK, here's what I found.

Jean Marc, Thank you! I couldn't think of what it was (Streaming Video), but after searching Google, I fould a very good website. The bottom line is I downloaded a couple of different "streaming video capture" products, but it was the Offline Explorer Pro (30 day free trial) that worked without a hitch. Perfect!

So to all, Thank you! Muggs

Reply to
Muggs

Muggs,

You need screen capture. There are many products - try Camtasia by Tech Smith,

The download will run for 30 days -

Save the avi file with the executable option, so the player will be included for your friend.

Regards, Marie

Reply to
Marie