Parasolid on Mac OSX!!!

Can you say "Can you say cost of about $25k-50k without choking"?

Bo

Reply to
Bo Clawson

"Already"? Most of the good systems (not counting ComputerVision) started out there and were later ported. Most (including ComputerVision) still run on Unix quite well .

Reply to
Cliff Huprich

Missing the subject matter?

There is absolutely no way to claim that this will remain the case. Nor, unless you then *save* the file, will it be "updated".

You ever try to open a file from a later version in an earlier version?

Reply to
Cliff Huprich

And now software designers for Wintel know they are going to face a major reprogramming effort with the 2006-2007 LongHorn/LongWait is released (now with fewer new features if the news of last week is any bit true).

So Microsoft is taking about a dozen years between the release of Windows 95 before it gets "semi-modern" in the OS.

If I was a designer, I would probably be cringing and wondering about the desirability of having a Unix version of the software ready. Linux, UNIX & BSD UNIX/MacOSX is not going to stand still, but I predict they are much more "predictable", than the LongWait from MS.

Bo

Reply to
Bo Clawson