poor decal rendering in SW2006

BlankI have been attempting to render a decal that was originally a high quality scanned greyscale bitmap. no matter what resolution I use, the result is always poor and blurry. I have searched for a solution elsewhere, with proposed solutions ranging from changing the anti-alias settings to modifying hlr/hlv resolution, but still crappy decals! any ideas?

thanks

Jim

Reply to
jmeenan

Hi Jim,

I made simular experiences a while ago and I found out that the auto masking function within PW creats blury, fuzzy edges and aliased contours. My workaround was to creat corresponding masks in an external graphic-software (Photoshop) eg. by inverting the image or by precisely selecting a color-chanel and merging it to the desired transparency.

Hope this helps with your problem.

Success

Jochen

"jmeenan" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:IC7kf.26$ snipped-for-privacy@fe09.lga...