Sorting Part Numbers in BOM (SW2006)

Is there a way to customize a BOM template in SW2006 to ALWAYS have the Part Numbers come in... in alphabetical / numerical order? My work around now is to do a manual "Sort" on the BOM after I bring it in.

Reply to
Chad G.

Chad, You're asking a question with a possible solution right at your fingertips. Did you try to save a BOM template after setting your sort criteria? If not, try it. If it does not work, then I would consider it to be a reportable bug. Eddie

Reply to
Eddie

Create a new BOM set all your parameters the way you'd like the bom to look. There are 2 buttons toward the bottom of the window in your feature manager for determining how you want to sort the parts list. Once you have it set how you like. Right click on your created BOM and save as template.

you may get more detail form someone with SW infront of them.

Reply to
ParaCAD

It's always worth a try, but I doubt it will work. The "sort" function seems to be a one-time event. As soon as you add something else to the BOM you have to perform a sort again. How crap is that?!

John H

Reply to
John H