Quick Question on a Hole Table...

Can hole table labels be reordered? I don't use them too often and I'm revising an old hand drawing, redrawing it in Solidworks. The original
print has a hole table as well with 128 holes. As this is a redraw, I would like to have the holes in the same order as on the old print, otherwise I have to document every changed hole on my ECN (or ECO, depending on what your company calls them). I was hoping that if I selected the holes for the table in the order I wanted, that Solidworks would respect my wishes, and label them in that order, but alas - Solidworks listened to me about as well as my 3 year old and did what it wanted to anyway. lol
I reaaalllly don't want to spend a half hour on the ECN stating "hole 35 was 26, hole 17 was 92", etc, etc...in addition to the confusion it would create to those reading it.
Also, has anyone else seen a little quirk with regards to the table, that if you choose the option to "combine same size" it looks great and is what I want, but when I add a tolerance to the common hole size, it breaks it back apart and won't combine it again. I have 36 holes the same size and like the combine feature as it looks clean, and I figured I could just add one tolerance to the hole size. As soon as I did, it broke apart making me add the same tolerance to all 36 holes. This wastes time and could open it up to possible errors. (ie: fat fingered typos )
Anyway, thanks in advance for any info...
IYM

Fixed the second half question. If you go back to the model, edit the sketch of hole feature and apply the tolerance in the model, it will apply it to the hole table and keep the combine in place. It will break it back apart if you try to apply the tolerance in the hole table only, and do not have the tolerance defined in the part sketch. I'm guessing since it pulls the dim data in from the sketch without a tolerance, when you apply one in the table Solidworks determines that the dim is now different or that it doesn't know which one of the holes the tolerance is for, so it breaks it apart. So it's not really a work around so much as knowing when and where you have to apply it. Would be nice if they included that little tid-bit in the help files....
Still need to fix the ordering issue though....
IYM

Site Timeline