Radial Features

I am struggling to figure out how to make features radially (extrusions & cuts). I am working with cylindrical parts that must mesh with each other in a cam/gear like mechanism. For the parts to align properly the features must all work out radially from the part. Any thoughts. Thanks in advance. Jaeger

Reply to
Jaeger

Suppose you create a thin shell polygon coaxial with your base cylinder, then sketch the profiles of the radial features on the flat faces of the polygon and extrude them. There are multi-body tools for trimming the excess extrusion.

Reply to
johnsuth