Re: harley engine

Mads,

You might try Buell as they use SWx as their design software. I don't know how willing they would be to give out an entire engine (those may still reside at Harley) due to licensing issues. You never know though, an NDA offered can work wonders on occasion. Thinking about it you might even try H-D themselves.

Good Luck, Don Jackson

Reply to
Don Jackson

If by chance you DO GET the model, could you please shoot it my way. I am an avid harley fanatic/rider/owner. I was into HD drag racing for years (OK group, no jokes about the drag racing again)...I still like to do CAD stuff and frames, ect. But just never had the time or ambition to do a whole engine. :) JAKE BARRON

Reply to
Jake Barron

HD uses Pro/E, but I don't know how much of the classic stuff has been modeled in 3D.

Reply to
Ben Loosli

Mads,

You may want to ask S&S

rather than HD. They're a smaller company and might be more willing to share. They make the engines for Indian and other American big twins. The engines are basically identical.

I don't know what software they use (HD uses Pro).

I've got a 78 Shovel in my garage I'll be tearing down some time soon. I'm gonna model the whole thing. Don't know when though.

Regards

Mark

Reply to
Mark Mossberg