Re: If You Are A Blue Collar Worker In America You Are An Endangered Species

http://economyincrisis.org/content/if-you-are-a-blue-collar-worker-in-america-you-are-an-endangered-species
"If you are an unskilled worker in America today, you simply are not
needed. Yes, once upon a time nearly anyone could go out and get a factory job, but those days are over. Neither major political party seems the least bit interested in trying to keep manufacturing jobs in America.
Back in the year 2000, more than 20 percent of all jobs in America were manufacturing jobs. Today, about 5 percent of all jobs in America are manufacturing jobs. To have that huge of a shift in a little over a decade is absolutely mind blowing. Many Americans had been hoping that Barack Obama would stand up for the working man like he promised to do. But just like so many of Obama?s other promises, that one was totally worthless as well.
The Obama administration has been pushing hard for even more ?free trade? deals that will allow big corporations to ship even more of our jobs out of the country. The Obama administration simply does not value blue collar jobs at all. In fact, U.S. Trade Representative Ron Kirk is running around telling the press that there are lots of things that ?we don?t want to make in America? anymore."
******* He won the presidential race, so none of that stuff is true anymore. The republicans are at fault here, George bush, reagan and nixon are to blame. They handed over to obama the worst manufacturing numbers since the great depression. He needs more time to fix it. in fact NOBODY could of fixed this in 4 years, the damage done by woodrow wilson was too much for any president to fix. And besides, you cant have a good manufacturing base without a good economy, and after the economy George Washington left for obama it's hopeless, even for a man as great as obama. Maybe after another four years he can begin to undo the huge debt Andrew Jackson left him.
The guy thinks manufacturing is a factory of robots and managers assembling overpriced stuff to fund pensions and lobbyists. He has no clue people are making those screws, and parts, and raw materials, and technical data, etc... in relatively small buisinesses with no pensions at 30% less pay and crap benefits. I dont think Romney has ever been there, but I felt like he understood what is really powering this country. (its better to be needed than wanted) I think we in manufacturing now are on our own. Nobody cares about manufacturing, not the dems or republicans. At least romney knew we were the key to fiscal bliss. Nobody else thinks this. I think we in manufaturing lost the election of 2012.
Add pictures here
âś–
http://economyincrisis.org/content/if-you-are-a-blue-collar-worker-in-america-you-are-an-endangered-species
"Back in the year 2000, more than 20 percent of all jobs in America were manufacturing jobs. Today, about 5 percent of all jobs in America are manufacturing jobs. To have that huge of a shift in a little over a decade is absolutely mind blowing. Many Americans had been hoping that Barack Obama would stand up for the working man like he promised to do. But just like so many of Obama’s other promises, that one was totally worthless as well."
The guy is full of it.
Manufacturing had been steadily declining and at an accellerated pace during the entire bush presidency...starting out with a total of 17.3 million jobs and ending up at around 12.9 million.
After Obama was elected, the numbers continued to fall but at a much slower rate, for about another year and a half; manufacturing has been steadily gaining ground ever since.
http://www.bls.gov/webapps/legacy/cesbtab1.htm
Add pictures here
âś–

http://economyincrisis.org/content/if-you-are-a-blue-collar-worker-in-america-you-are-an-endangered-species

Ok man, we know, he won...so now hes the manufacturing president. That aside....
You are basically saying "it's bush's fault". Where have I heard this before?
Who care's what bush did, or clinton or reagan. They are irrelevent. The president has manufacturing on his list, right under jacking his poodle off.
Add pictures here
âś–