Re: Is this price for real?

> > found this today, are these prices permanent?

No they are *not* permanent.

> > Half Price Special!! > > VX Mechanical Reg $1,995.00 now $995.00 > VX Modeler Reg $1,995.00 now $995.00 > VX Designer Reg $3,995.00 now $1,995.00 > VX Mold & Die Reg $5,995.00 now $2,995.00 > VX Machinist Reg $5,995.00 now $2,995.00 > VX End to End Reg $9,995.00 now $4,995.00 > > Is this hacked software or the real product?

It's the real product. :>)

Who is Joe Brouwer? Does anybody know him? >

He's a VX VAR. He also sells other CAD/CAM programs. See:

to read his posts.

What is this Keycreator program? Does anybody use this program? > Why does a Cadkey program cost more than VX?

Because as PT Barnum said: "There is a sucker born every minute."

> phil > > > >

jon

Reply to
jon banquer

Why did you look :-( Why did I open this posts :-( Need three more Whys to continue the problem solving process

Kman

Reply to
Kman

LOL! Didn't I ask you the same thing just a couple of weeks ago?

Reply to
Steve Mackay

I cross posted to comp.cad.solidworks because it's high time more SolidWorks users upgraded to a real CAD/CAM package and dumped SolidWorks in the garbage where it now belongs.

SolidWorks Corp. has had more than enough time to become a leader rather than just the followers that they now so obviously are.

VX may not be perfect but they don't base their marketing and product development on Autodesk. SolidWorks Corp. does and this is a very, very serious mistake. I have said as much for years.

jon

Reply to
jon banquer

Why does SolidWorks not offer direct editing of non-native geometry ? IronCAD does, VX does, thinkID does and as of this week SolidEdge does.

Why does SolidWorks Corp. only offer FeatureWorks when it's obviously not they only answer or a solution that is better in all cases than directly editing non-native geometry.

Why does SolidWorks Corp. have a marketing stratagy that only focuses on Autodesk crap. Can a company develop into a real leader following Autodesk ? Is this a smart move ?

Why aren't more SolidWorks users moving on to solutions that do a much better job of dealing with real world issues than SolidWorks does ?

jon

Reply to
jon banquer

I can edit non-native geometry in SolidWorks. Just can't edit native geometry

See first reply

I don't believe SW is following in AutoDesk's footsteps and one could easy make an opposing case. There are some very useful commands and methods found in AutoDesk 2D that customers want in SolidWorks. SW is just responding to their customer wishes, that's not so bad is it?

Happy with the existing product, loyalists, satisfied, easy to learn, difficult to switch products, grass is always greener on the other side, corporate mandate, and so on

Reply to
Kman