Re: Link balloon number to notes

WT,
One way I've figured out to do this is to put an additional balloon on the part I want to specify. Then I click on the options for that balloon and
remove the leader. When I create a note a leave a space big enough for that balloon and place the balloon within the note. Not very efficient, but it's all I could come up with.
Roger
> > Is there any way to link a note to a balloon number? I'd like to take a > > part out of an assembly and label it "Item <Part Number> Detail" but I'd > > like to make sure that the <Part Number> will change if the ordering of > the > > bill changes. > > > > Thanks, > > Roger > > > > > > > >
If I understand you correctly, you then have a balloon floating over a note - a slight of hand trick. I have used that as well, but it suffers from the malady of moving - if the text changes, if the text box moves, etc, the "balloon" isn't lined up properly any more. For the most part, I try to avoid calling out item numbers - use names of parts instead.
WT

take
LIke I said........not very efficient. Thanks for your input