Re: Significance of sketch icons in Feature Manager?

Looks and sounds normal to me..

RMB over Sketch7, "Hide Sketch" or "Show Sketch" Sketch6. View/Sketch should not change the highlight of Sketch6 and it should still be visible as you mention.

Sketches are normally or automatically hidden when used in a feature. Although, what I think happened here is the user or you may have RMB "Show Sketch" Sketch6 and when it was regenerated it stayed visible. Which btw, is normal. Actually the visibility issues in the past were less consistent, imo.

..

D Byrnes wrote: > > Using Solidworks 2003 EE. > > I'm looking at a student's part file (Editing Part mode) and notice a > difference in the way the two sketches he used to generate a loft are > shown in feature manager: > > > > Even though I'm not in Editing Sketch mode, I can see the entities in > Sketch6 on the model. The Sketch7 entities are not visible. Going to > the View menu and unchecking "Sketches" makes the sketch entities > disappear, but doesn't change the look of the icons in the Feature > Manager. > > How does Swx decide to show some sketches and not others? Is it > supposed to be showing sketch entities when you're in Editing Part > mode? I don't think previous versions did this, did they? >
Reply to
Paul Salvador

Ah. Nothing like a hit of the basics to humble you!

Thanks for the info.

Reply to
D Byrnes

Mr Byrnes,

Also the too remember if one guy make to turn off the sketch on the menu, it make to turn of all of sketches even if made visible at local level. While on the local level if the sketch is shown too the menu lets show the sketch then its allows the sketch to make vivible or non by itself.

And too the yellow grid appears or not to tell you it is shown. He answer you well but I make another idea for sombody reading too.

Sincerefully,

Habib

Reply to
Habib