recover from an assemlby

I have an assembly which shows various part that are not resolved. Some of the part files I have lost due to a computer crash. When the assembly starts to come up, it says it cannot find these part, would I like to find them myself. Well they are gone, or maybe not. Is there anyway of getting the part back? It shows in the assembly (lightweight feather), but I cannot resolve. IS THE INFO FOR THE PART SOMEPLACE WHERE I MIGHT BE ABLE TO FIND IT, or is it lost?

Thanks for any help

Reply to
billyb

Unless you have kept back-ups of your files that is on a different hard drive/computer/DVD/CD/Tape then your computer that crashed and sounds like it had its hard drive re-formatted you are out of luck.

You will need to re-create your missing files from scratch.

You may also want to look into improving your system of back-ups and maybe get some network storage with back-ups. Far less expensive then having to re-create an assembly when things go bad.

Regards,

Anna Wood

Reply to
Anna Wood

You might check the backup/recover location inside SWX, see if there any older versions of the missing parts stashed away on your HD. The folder locations are under Options...>System Options>Backup/Recover.

maybe...

Reply to
wc